Friday, August 19, 2011

Pride goes before the fall...

I don't get angry very easily. I'm the type of person who takes a long time to get angry...but once my long fuse is burnt up, watch out. I'm not proud of how I react when I do get angry. I'm just telling what I know of myself. I'd like to think that I try to look for the best in people. I try to show respect to others and learn to love them for who they are. There is one thing, however, that will easily make me lose all respect for others. I don't have any respect for those who make themselves look good by making others look bad, whether it be individuals, organizations, or nations. As I get older, I realize more and more the depravity of the human race, and especially my own depravity. At the same time, I have not lost sight of the good that people do as well. I am eternally grateful for God's grace in our lives...in MY life. I only pray that God will help me to teach my kids (when I have them) to treat others with respect and dignity.

This post started out as a rant against something in people that makes me really angry. However, God graciously and gently humbles me and reminds me that nobody is perfect, and while it still makes me angry, I am as much in need of grace as those people are. I don't have to respect that kind of behavior in others, but I do need to treat them with love.

No comments:

Post a Comment