Sunday, September 12, 2010

Trust...

So I realize that I'm not very good at updating this. It's not that I don't have anything to say. In fact, I have so much I want to say that it's hard to keep my thoughts straight. I just don't have time right now. I did want to share one specific thing right now, though.

God has been challenging me a lot in different areas of my life over the past year, but it always boils down to one thing: TRUST. I know that He's been trying to teach me to trust Him, and allow Him to work His plan for my life in His timing. He's promised me things, and I tell Him that I trust Him to do those things...but then I get worried and frustrated when I don't see those things happening...within my timetable. A lot of things have hit me recently, reminding me that I do this, and that I need to "let go and let God" (as cliche as that sounds) - but this morning I read this:

Paul, speaking of Abraham, says in Romans 4:20&21: "Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what he had promised."

Wow. What a reality check for me. Abraham had so much more reason to doubt and be frustrated than I do. He was an old man, and his wife was barren, and God had promised them that they would have a son, and that Abraham would be the father of nations. Abraham "was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God..." I, on the other hand, waver in my faith and have not given glory to God.

So this is my prayer that I will learn to truly TRUST, and give glory to God in all circumstances, having faith in His goodness and His promise to me.

1 comment:

  1. I guess Abraham did take matters into his own at one point, but when God gave him the son He had promised, and then asked Abraham to sacrifice that son, he obeyed, trusting in God's plan. Still convicting to me...

    ReplyDelete