Friday, August 27, 2010

fast and slow...

Life is strange, and time is strange. Somehow days/months/years pass by so fast and yet so slowly. How does that work? I just finished my first week of this school year, and it has felt like a month already. But I'm encouraged. I'm totally overwhelmed by psychology, and all the classes seem to run together, so that I end up confused about what I need to know for which. I'm excited about this year, though. I'm finally getting into what I enjoy and what interests me.

Lately I've felt constantly on the brink of going crazy. Not psychopath crazy (i've been reading too many psychology textbooks) - but allowing myself to get too overwhelmed and stressed out and anxious. I read Psalm 91 this morning: verses 1 and 2 - He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust."  Verse 4 - He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.  Verses 14-16 - "Because he loves me," says the Lord, "I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him. With long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation."  I have had such a peace since this morning. I am constantly reminded that I need to release control and TRUST God with my days and every big or little thing that happens in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment